Skill assessments are MANDATORY for all Major and Minors players. NO assessments are required for Rookie, T-Ball or Blastball players.
This year`s assessment will be held at UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre on:
- January 22, 2023 (Sunday) 8:30am - 2:30pm
What to bring:
- Batting helmet
- Baseball Glove
- Suitable clothing (long pants and long sleeved shirts)
- Good running shoes (no baseball cleats)
The purpose of the assessment process is to meet three primary goals:
- To place players in the appropriate division based on skill, emotional level and safety considerations
- To facilitate the drafting of teams in Minors and Majors
- To assist in creating evenly skilled, balanced teams
Independent assessors will run the stations and rank the players in the following areas:
- Throwing and Fielding (catching, but not fly balls)
- Batting (bunting may be added for the Majors players)
To help move your child through the assessment process quickly (estimated time 30-60 minutes per player), we have divided player groups by age into designated time slots. Please arrive 10 minutes before your assigned time slot to check in. Results will not provided as they are used internally by the league for the purposes expressed above.
Those who are unable to attend their designated date and time slot will be required to attend a make-up session at a later date, please contact your Division Coordinator, or the Registrar for more information.