Skill assessments are MANDATORY for all players born in 2009-2013 who wish to play in Minors or Majors. NO assessments are required for players born in or after 2014 and playing in Rookie, T-Ball or Blastball.
If you are unsure if your child needs to assess, please contact the Registrar for more information.The purpose of the assessment process is to meet three primary goals:
(1) to place players in the appropriate division based on skill, emotional level and safety considerations
(2) to facilitate the drafting of teams in Minors and Majors
(3) to assist in creating evenly skilled, balanced teams.
During registration, you have an option to choose either attending a Saturday or Sunday assessment session. We do our best to accommodate everyone’s first choice but due to the limited space we can not guarantee your first choice.
This year`s assessment will be held at UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre on:
- January 30, 2022 (Sunday) 8am-12 pm – FULL
- February 5, 2022 (Saturday) 7-10pm – FULL
- February 8, 2022 (Tuesday) 8-9pm
The assessments will start with the younger players in the earlier timeslots and progressing to the older players in the later timeslots.
Please bring your player dressed in suitable clothing (long pants and long sleeved shirts) with good running shoes (no baseball cleats). Don’t forget the required batting helmet and baseball glove. Bring a water bottle.Independent assessors will run the stations and rank the players in the following areas:
2. Throwing and Fielding (catching, but not fly balls)
3. Batting (bunting may be added for the Majors players)
Results will not provided as they are used internally by the league for the purposes expressed above.
To help move your child through the assessment process quickly (estimated time 30-60 minutes per player), we have divided player groups by age into designated time slots. Please arrive 10 minutes before your assigned time slot to check in.
Those who are unable to attend their designated date and time slot will be required to attend a make-up session at a later date. Please advise your Division Coordinator if this applies to you.