Grade 5, 6 & 7 (Divisions Age Chart)
This is the most competitive and skilled level in Kerrisdale Little League and requires a high degree of commitment from both coaches, parents and players. This division is primarily for baseball age 11 - 12 year olds; however, some highly skilled 10 year olds may be considered based on their previous year's coach assessment and pre-season assessment scores.
All players wishing to play Majors are required to attend KLL pre-season assessments. Coaches draft players onto teams based on pre-season assessment scores; consequently there are no friendship requests. There are generally 11 - 12 players per team. Scores are kept, standings maintained, and there are playoffs.
Every player will receive a T-shirt, individualized participation trophy, and a professional team photo during the season.
- Mandatory pre-season assessment
- Players are expected to attend at least 80% of all games and practices
- One to two games per week, players must arrive 1 hour early for pre-game warm-up
- One practice (1.5 hours long) and One Batting Cage Practice (1 hour) per week.
- This Division will interlock with and play away games against neighboring teams.
Parent Commitment / Volunteering
- Team Duties Required - Each parent is required to help out with their child's game on a rotating basis. The duties include field set up/take down for the home team, pitch counter, score keeper, scoreboard and game coordinator. Duties will be assigned by the team manager at the beginning of the season and training can be provided if required.
- League Duties Required - In addition, each parent is required to assist with at least 6 hours of league-wide duties during the season, which may include Opening Day, Closing Day, Field Maintenance, Uniforms, Equipment, Board/Committee Roles, or other Special Event support.
Your commitment is appreciated and makes our league run.
To be determined
Majors Field Locations
Equipment / Gear Required
- Batting Helmet
- Baseball Glove
- Grey Baseball Pants
- Protective Cup (recommended for all but strictly enforced for catchers)
For detailed information about equipment, please refer to our KLL Baseball Equipment Guidance page.