- Read the individual division details (refer to Division tab) to ensure you are registering in the correct division. Information regarding player commitment, schedule and equipment required are also on the page.
- Ensure player is the correct age and lives in/goes to school in the Kerrisdale area to be eligible to register with Kerrisdale Little League (see ELIGIBILITY below)
- Check the Division Registration Status Table (see below) to see if the division you are registering for is still open for registration. If the division is full, contact the Registrar to add your player to our waitlist.
- Read our Refund Policy (see below)
- Note the assessment dates (if applicable)
Kerrisdale Little League is divided into a number of standard Little League Divisions by baseball age.
To calculate players baseball age use this calculator to determine your baseball age. The registration form will automatically determine the applicable division based on birth date. Players born before September 1, 2010 are considered "aged out" of Little League and unable to play.
Players considering playing up in a higher level should indicate so during the registration process as there may need to be an assessment conducted for safety purposes.
As a guideline, if unsure what division to register your child in, refer to Little League age chart.
Players considering playing up in a higher level should indicate so during the registration process as there may need to be an assessment conducted for safety purposes. Please contact the Registrar if you you have questions.
Early Bird Registration: November 1, 2022 to November 21, 2022
Last Day to register for Majors and Minors: January 15, 2023. Contact Registrar to be put on waitlist.
If you are registering more than one player in your family, you will receive a $10 discount per player if two (2) or more players are registered.
In order for the registration system to recognize that you are registering multiple players, be sure to complete registration of ALL players in your family in one transaction.
Select "Multiple Siblings Discount" under the Registration fees portion and add "Additional Additional Participant" in Checkout to register additional family members and the discount will be automatically applied at the end of the registration process.
Skill assessments are MANDATORY for all players born in 2010-2014 who wish to play in Minors or Majors. NO assessments are required for players born in or after 2015 and playing in Rookie, T-Ball or Blastball.
This year`s assessment will be held at UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre on:
- January 22, 2023 (Sunday) 8:30am - 2:30pm
What to bring:
- Batting helmet
- Baseball Glove
- Suitable clothing (long pants and long sleeved shirts)
- Good running shoes (no baseball cleats)
The purpose of the assessment process is to meet three primary goals:
- To place players in the appropriate division based on skill, emotional level and safety considerations
- To facilitate the drafting of teams in Minors and Majors
- To assist in creating evenly skilled, balanced teams
Independent assessors will run the stations and rank the players in the following areas:
- Throwing and Fielding (catching, but not fly balls)
- Batting (bunting may be added for the Majors players)
To help move your child through the assessment process quickly (estimated time 30-60 minutes per player), we have divided player groups by age into designated time slots. Please arrive 10 minutes before your assigned time slot to check in. Results will not provided as they are used internally by the league for the purposes expressed above.
Those who are unable to attend their designated date and time slot will be required to attend a make-up session at a later date, please contact your Division Coordinator, or the Registrar for more information.
To be eligible to play with Kerrisdale Little League, your child must meet certain two requirements.
- Age requirement. According to Little League rules, the child must have a "baseball age"between 4 and 12 years old. Baseball age is the age of your child as of August 31 of the current calendar year. You can also consult this official Little League age chart to determine your child's baseball age. If your child is too old to play Little League, they can continue playing with Vancouver Community Baseball.
- Live in or attend a school in the Kerrisdale area. For more information please refer to catchment map or the list of Kerrisdale catchment schools include:
- Crofton House School
- David Lloyd George Elementary School
- Dr. R. E. McKechnie Elementary School
- Kerrisdale Elementary School
- Kerrisdale Annex
- Maple Grove Elementary School
- Quilchena Elementary School
- Shaughnessy Elementary School
- Sir William Osler Elementary School
- Trafalgar Elementary School
- Vancouver College
- Vancouver Montessori School
- York House School
Returning players who have moved out of the geographic boundaries for Kerrisdale Little League will be grandfathered and remain eligible to play at KLL, but must provide all required information to the league administrators.
Little League Canada has divided Canada up into Leagues with clearly defined boundaries. In our District (District 1), there are four Little Leagues: Kerrisdale, Little Mountain, Dunbar, and Jericho.
If your player wants to play the competitive All Stars tournaments (9/10 or 11/12) that take place each year following the regular season, then he/she must play for his or her home league. It can be very disappointing for a child and his/her family to discover they aren't eligible for All Stars when they reach the age of 9 or 10 because they have been playing out of boundary.
Withdrawal of players after team formation and season start is disruptive to the league team, the players, and additional player applicants that otherwise would have selected or placed a team. Our refund policy is there to encourage player stability after the season start.
Refunds for the Spring 2023 season are subject to the following policies:
- Withdrawal before March 11: Full refund if medical note provided. Any other reason, full refund minus $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdrawal after March 11: Full refund if medical note provided. Any other reason, no refund once teams are formed.
- Withdrawal after April 17: Prorated refund based on when the illness/injury occurred if medical note provided. No refunds for any other reason.
**Refunds are at the discretion of Kerrisdale Little League**