DIVISION REGISTRATION STATUS TABLE
Update on the registration status of each Division. If your division is "waitlisted", please contact the Registrar to be added to our waitlist as sometimes spots open up last minute before the season starts.
Before registering, please:
(1) read the individual division details (refer to Division tab) to ensure you are registering in the correct division. Information regarding player commitment, schedule and equipment required are also on the page.
(2) ensure you are eligible to register with Kerrisdale Little League (see below)
(3) check the Division Registration Status Table (see below) to see if the division you are registering for is still open for registration. If the division is full, contact the Registrar to add your player to our waitlist.
(4) read our Refund Policy (see below) - including COVID-19 Refund Policy for Spring 2022.
(5) note the assessment dates (if applicable) for registrants born in 2013 or earlier (see below)
DIVISIONS AND REGISTRATION FEES
Kerrisdale Little League is divided into a number of standard Little League Divisions by baseball age. The age determination date for a Little League Baseball player is the actual age of a child on August 31 of the current year. Players must be born before August 31, 2018 and those born before September 1, 2009 are considered "aged out" of Little League and ineligible to play.
If unsure what division to register your child in, refer to the grade chart as outlined below as a guideline.
Players considering playing up in a higher level should indicate so during the registration process as there may need to be an assessment conducted for safety purposes. Please contact the Registrar if you you have questions.
Early Bird Registration: November 1, 2021 to January 15, 2022
Late Registration: January 16, 2022 until FULL
Last Day to register for Majors and Minors: February 13, 2022 or earlier if full (all players need to be assessed to be placed on a team).
*Majors and Minors divisions are now full, contact Registrar to be put on the waitlist as spots sometimes open up before the season starts.*
MULTIPLE SIBLINGS DISCOUNT
If you are registering more than one player in your family, you will receive a $10 discount per player if two (2) or more players are registered.
In order for the registration system to recognize that you are registering multiple players, be sure to complete registration of ALL players in your family in one transaction.
Select "Multiple Siblings Discount" under the Registration fees portion and add "Additional Additional Participant" in Checkout to register additional family members and the discount will be automatically applied at the end of the registration process.
Skill assessments are MANDATORY for all players born in 2009-2013 who wish to play in Minors or Majors. NO assessments are required for players born in or after 2014 and playing in Rookie, T-Ball or Blastball.
If you are unsure if your child needs to assess, please contact the Registrar for more information.
The purpose of the assessment process is to meet three primary goals:
(1) to place players in the appropriate division based on skill, emotional level and safety considerations
(2) to facilitate the drafting of teams in Minors and Majors
(3) to assist in creating evenly skilled, balanced teams.
During registration, you have an option to choose either attending a Saturday or Sunday assessment session. We do our best to accommodate everyone's first choice but due to the limited space we can not guarantee your first choice.
This year`s assessment will be held at UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre on:
- January 30, 2022 (Sunday) 8am-12 pm - FULL
- February 5, 2022 (Saturday) 7-10pm - FULL
- February 8, 2022 (Tuesday) 8-9pm
The assessments will start with the younger players in the earlier timeslots and progressing to the older players in the later timeslots.
Please bring your player dressed in suitable clothing (long pants and long sleeved shirts) with good running shoes (no baseball cleats). Don't forget the required batting helmet and baseball glove. Bring a water bottle.
Independent assessors will run the stations and rank the players in the following areas:
2. Throwing and Fielding (catching, but not fly balls)
3. Batting (bunting may be added for the Majors players)
Results will not provided as they are used internally by the league for the purposes expressed above.
To help move your child through the assessment process quickly (estimated time 30-60 minutes per player), we have divided player groups by age into designated time slots. Please arrive 10 minutes before your assigned time slot to check in.
Those who are unable to attend their designated date and time slot will be required to attend a make-up session at a later date. Please advise your Division Coordinator if this applies to you.
To be eligible to play with Kerrisdale Little League, your child must meet certain two requirements.
- Age requirement. According to Little League rules, the child must have a "baseball age"between 4 and 12 years old. Baseball age is the age of your child as of August 31 of the current calendar year. You can also consult this official Little League age chart to determine your child's baseball age. If your child is too old to play Little League, they can continue playing with Vancouver Community Baseball.
- Geographical requirement. According to Little League rules, players must reside OR attend a school located within our specified league catchment area in order to be eligible to play baseball at Kerrisdale Little League. Please refer to this Google map link which shows Kerridale's catchment area.
Kerrisdale Little League catchment schools include:
- Crofton House School
- David Lloyd George Elementary School
- Dr. R. E. McKechnie Elementary School
- Kerrisdale Elementary School
- Kerrisdale Annex
- Maple Grove Elementary School
- Quilchena Elementary School
- Shaughnessy Elementary School
- Sir William Osler Elementary School
- Trafalgar Elementary School
- Vancouver College
- Vancouver Montessori School
- York House School
Returning players who have moved out of the geographic boundaries for Kerrisdale Little League will be grandfathered and remain eligible to play at KLL, but must provide all required information to the league administrators.
Little League Canada has divided Canada up into Leagues with clearly defined boundaries. In our District (District 1), there are four Little Leagues: Kerrisdale, Little Mountain, Dunbar, and Jericho.
If your player wants to play the competitive All Stars tournaments (9/10 or 11/12) that take place each year following the regular season, then he/she must play for his or her home league. It can be very disappointing for a child and his/her family to discover they aren't eligible for All Stars when they reach the age of 9 or 10 because they have been playing out of boundary.
Withdrawal of players after team formation and season start is disruptive to the league team, the players, and additional player applicants that otherwise would have selected or placed a team. Our refund policy is there to encourage player stability after the season start.
Refunds for the Spring 2022 season are subject to the following policies:
- Withdrawal before March 11: Full refund if medical note provided (excluding COVID-19 related causes, see policy below). Any other reason, full refund minus $25 administration fee will be refunded.
- Withdrawal after March 11: Full refund if medical note provided (excluding COVID-19 related causes, see policy below). Any other reason, no refund once teams are formed.
- Withdrawal after April 17: Prorated refund based on when the illness/injury occurred if medical note provided (excluding COVID-19 related causes, see policy below). No refunds for any other reason.
COVID-19 Refund Policy:
If the 2022 season should be cancelled, the league will offer a full refund as we have in the past for the 2020 season. If the season is interrupted and loss of games cannot be made up, the league will offer a prorated refund minus $25 administration fee. If the case of players, or players' direct family members have issues related to being immuno-compromised, we will handle refund requests based on this on an individual basis. Please email the Registrar explaining your situation including the need for the player to withdraw from KLL and we will consider your options. This policy will remain in place as long as the Provincial Health Office maintains the Public Health Emergency related to COVID-19.
Please contact the Registrar to request a refund and provide details. Refunds are at the discretion of Kerrisdale Little League.