CONCUSSION ASSESSMENT PROCEDURE FOR COACHES
Following a potential concussion-causing event, the individual should be removed from activity and assessed for a medical emergency
If you suspect a player has sustained a severe head injury or shows any one of the listed red flags during a game, immediately:
- Call 911- provide KLL baseball field name and locations
- Do not move injured player
- Appoint someone to stay with injured player and monitor them until Emergency Services arrive.
- Inform paramedics of TeamSnap player information
- Notify the player’s parents’ or emergency contacts if unavailable.
- Complete a Concussion Incident Report and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a player’s head injury is not an emergency:
- Remove the individual from the playing field and do not let them return to play for the remainder of the day.
- Do not leave the injured player alone.
- Watch for (and record if any) new symptoms.
- Notify ASAP the parents or emergency contacts of injured playerPlayer should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.