· This division introduces players to baseball, and the ball is hit off the tee rather than pitched from a pitching machine.
· All players play defensively and hit.
· Maximum of 6 fielders in infield positions: Pitcher, First base, Second Base, Short Stop, Third Base and an extra Short Stop is between 1st and 2nd base.
· Infielders are not to be positioned nearer to the plate than 3 feet from the base paths between 1st & 2nd and 2nd & 3rd.
· All other defensive players must be in the outfield.
· If a Catcher is introduced into player. The Catcher must be positioned near the backstop fence while the opposing players are hitting.
· Fielders may throw or roll the ball based on ability at the discretion of their coaches. There is no requirement to roll the ball.
· Fielders are not to block the base runner's progress by standing on the base paths.
· Coaches are not permitted in the infield during play. One coach is permitted in the outfield.
· Each batter must bat each inning and the last batter hits everyone home.
· All Hitters and base runners must wear helmets.
· There is NO on deck circle in Little League due to safety reasons. No players other that the batter should be swinging bats during the game. The on deck hitter is to remain on the bench waiting for their turn to hit.
· All equipment should be kept in the bench area away from the field of play.
· Coaches are to place the ball on the Tee only.
· Coaches should call “defense ready” before instructing their Batter to swing. Batters should not swing until instructed to do so by the Coach.
· Batted Balls must travel beyond 10 feet. Balls hit under 10 feet are considered foul and the batter is still up and re-hits.
· Scores and standings are not kept and there are no playoffs. The focus is on players having fun and learning baseball fundamentals.